Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cartoons and Other College Projects

Alright. Our Figurative Typography project is really hard. I had no idea just what the Prof was looking for, but all she was saying was "make sure you use the shape of the letterforms" .

So... I looked at my sketches, which were cute little cartoon guys, and pretty much just copied them onto InDesign using type. Which I guess is the point, but mine was so simple.


Buuut... she said she liked them! And by "them" I mean "him" since I only have one dude completed. Partly because it's difficult and time consuming, partly because I'm blogging right now in class.


So here is my project so far. I left a lot of pages out since they're simply not completed, started, or in any way special yet.













But yeah, I asked if I needed to add more detail, and she said I could, but I didn't have to because I was showing off my style and it was expressing everything effectively. Soo... My little dudes shall prevail!

Also other people are doing cartoons. Some people have the whole realistic face shaded with overlapping words and things, but for the most part everyone's doing something different.




_______

No comments:

Post a Comment