Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bracelet Success

So oh my gosh. That thing where everything goes amazingly happened again.

I went into school to work on my bracelet--tra la la--and knew that today had to be the day when I pieced my axe together. It was all sorts of complicated since I had to get both sides completely perfect puzzle pieces of each other so that the seam would be sturdy and look good and all that.

So I'm filing it and lining it up and filing and holding it up to the light and I finally decide to just solder it. If there's holes or if it's crooked I can always cut it apart, which will make it easier for the next go around anyway.

So I binding wire it, and I put solder all over it, and I flow it and it worked--on--the--first--try.

Holy crap, look:

Like, seriously? How does that happen? I did buff it a bit and finally cleaned up the edges, but look at that seam. It's beautiful!

XD
So yeah, the piece is coming along nicely, and it looks like it'll be fairly wearable.

After I get my wires in on the sides you'll have to sort of twist it on, but I think that'll be fine.

As far as ball rivets go, I bought my wire (well, I guess they're closer to tiny rods) and melting back the ends was surprisingly easy.


So pretty much everything is awesome.

The deadline got moved to Monday, which totally saved my life. It was originally due tomorrow, so I was going to have to stay late (after already going in early) and finishing the whole thing. And I was in there for about 3 hours and I got a lot done, but I have a LOT left.

Like deciding what sort of finish I'm going to use on it. Hm.




_______

No comments:

Post a Comment