Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sometimes...

... Sometimes when you're working on (digital) art, you're changing your colors around, your switching up your positioning, and then suddenly--


Everything.
Looks.
Good.

Or at least good enough to no longer make you angry.


This happened about 10 seconds ago.

So I'm just working on my Typography project...

la la la
work work work

...And we can only use greyscale.
And I have some text, different text, and more text. And some decorations.

And they did not like being contrast-y. They were all like, "Mehh you're running out of shades, I'm going to go be hard to read."


This isn't completely final, but I probably won't change anything except nit-picky stuff. It's too late to try to think of a more dramatic layout. So... there it is. Hopefully the terms are accurate.


So that and a bunch of other stuff associated with it is due tomorrow. Ya.


In Sculpture, I don't have a picture, but we are sculpting a live model out of clay. They're quite large and it's all very nuts. Like, it's our first project for the class, and we're sculpting a whole woman.


In Metals, we are forging bracelets! It's super fun. We did some practice rods, to get used to how the metal will move with each hammer strike, but the next step is to bend the rod into a circle, solder the seam together, and then hammer the design into it while it's all round. Blargh. We'll see if I can even get it soldered.


Also there's a spider in my garage:

Maybe one day you'll be able to click on images to see them a bit larger. I don't know what happened to that.




_______

No comments:

Post a Comment