Sunday, August 7, 2011

22 Days Left!

[I would like to dedicate this post to Degrassi Junior High, which has been keeping me company throughout my latest costuming sessions.]


Alright peeps! 3 weeks to go!
...And I am so tired of costuming. It's fun and all, but it never ends!


Luckily, I have gotten a heck of a lot done:

I haven't painted them yet, but I have sculpted out my shoulder armor.

I used the same materials as with Kate's hammer, which works pretty well for pretty much anything. Next is sanding and painting, and somehow attaching it to my body.

Sundae helped, but had to take frequent breaks.


And now, for your viewing pleasure, (and I know it's what you've been waiting for anyway)...

...all of this mess:
[What I've done]

[What I have left to do]

Actually, the whole thing is going surprisingly well.

So close!

I got my silver buttons (that are actually scrapbooking brads) in today which add a lot of the details in already. I also ordered my boots and my elf ears, so I'm feeling pretty good.

At least some of us are working.

...Working / murdering pins!
Massacre!


Anyway, I still need to do something about my gloves. I can either make my own (something I've never done before, with really no time left for that kinda mess) or try to buy some (which I am having a whole lot of time doing) and alter them a little.


Blargh. It's really stressing me out. I'll probably try to make some until I can find real ones. I'll have to dig up some of our gloves for research!


Gosh I'm so excited. I feel like a hippie in a drum circle.




_______

No comments:

Post a Comment