Friday, June 17, 2011

Arts and Crafts!

So, summertime is pretty much when I just wanna get a whole bunch of stuff done. I have a few things lined up and they're progressing pretty well I think.

First on the list!
My dragon*con costume. I'm pretty much creating an entire outfit from scratch, which is incredibly daunting and something that I have never done in my life. I basically have 76 days to learn how to turn this:


...into this:


Next on the list!
I have officially set up all of the metalsmithing things that I bought and am on my way to making fantastical things at home.

My first piece is just a little test pendant.
This is all I got done before I got fed up with all the mosquitos:

When I came inside I wirewrapped a little pendant because I still really wanted one at the end of the day.

The past day or so of ceramics has been pretty good as well. We're finally trimming the bottoms of our pieces which is a nice change from constantly throwing new pieces. Everyone said they hate trimming, but I very much enjoy doing it. It may just be because it's something new to do, but it's also very relaxing and simple and very much not a complete mess to clean up.



One of these days I also need to brighten up my website. It's clean and crisp, but it's sort of dark.




_______

No comments:

Post a Comment