Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Arts and Crafts 2: Megalodon

Oh my gosh, you guys. Today was flippin sweet.

Firstly, I got my sewing machine set up! It works like a dream.
So obviously, I went ahead and made this:



The most surprising part, it completely fits perfectly. Like, what were the chances of that happening? I did take down some skinny jeans and use them as a guide, but come on. That's pretty good.
Now I just need to find a way to make sure they stay up during a full day of walking around and sitting and being adored.

Also today! My friend Kate (and her associated blog) is dressing up as Ramona Flowers for D*C. One thing her costume requires...



...her hammer.

SO.
This is where it gets really nuts.

KAPOW:



It is in no way done, and it is slightly pointier than our reference photo, but it's coming along great!
We used a giant dowel, many tiny dowels for the frame that was a nightmare to cut up and piece together, wire mesh, and some paper mache stuff.
We had thought of using styrofoam, which would have been a lot lighter and less sunken looking, but this was so much cheaper.

So that was good.
Good good good.




_______

No comments:

Post a Comment